Parents Visa Australia

Parents visa

Australia Parent Visa Types

There are essentially two main types of Australian Parent Visas leading to permanent residency: Contributory and Non-Contributory. The main difference between these two types is the duration it takes to process and how much they cost.

The Australian visas for parents are grouped into the following categories:

  • Contributory Parent Visas
  • Non-Contributory Parent Visas
  • Sponsored Parent Visa – SUBCLASS 870

Contributory Parent Visas

The Contributory Parent visa (subclass 173 and 143) visa allows parents to live in Australia. The contributory parent 173 visa is a temporary visa that allows the applicant to live in Australia for two years. This visa cannot be extended or renewed; however, applicants can apply for Contributory Parent (subclass 143) (within 2 years of living in Australia on a 173 visa) if they wish to live permanently in Australia.

The Contributory Aged Parent Visas are issued to pensioner parents of Australian residents. To be eligible for this visa type, you have to be of pension age as defined by Australian law. They are divided into:

  • Subclass 884 Visa :  This is a temporary visa, which you can use to stay in Australia for two years and apply for a permanent visa.
  • Subclass 864 : This is the permanent version of the Contributory Aged Parent Visa. You may apply for it directly or switch to the 864 from the 884.

Non-Contributory Parent Visas

Non-Contributory Parent Visas include the 103 and 804 Visa types. While they both also lead to permanent residency (even citizenship after a few years) and the fee is much lower, they take a very long time to process – about 20 to 30 years!

  • The Subclass 103 Parent Visa leads to permanent residency. It’s similar to the contributory kind, but the fee is much lower and you will have to wait much longer to receive it (up to 30 years). Additionally, in most cases, you cannot be in Australia when your application is being processed.
  • The Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804) is a non-contributory visa. which means it also takes up to 30 years to receive permanent residence in Australia. However, you have to travel to Australia to submit the visa application and you will receive a bridging visa to allow you to live there legally until it the visa is processed.

Want to ensure the precise processing of your visa? Give a buzz to our registered migration agent and get started with an assessment today.

Call now
for free consultation
Mail now
free consultation
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
Translate »