Student Visa to PR – How to get PR after Study in Australia?

PR in Australia

Many International students come to Australia from all over the world and they like to live here as Australian lifestyle is good as compared to other countries. Most of the students are trying to get Permanent Residence of Australia after completion of their studies.

When choosing a top 5 course, it is always important to think about its prospects and chances of getting a permanent visa. A beginning could be to look at occupation lists and look at which visas you fall under. Keep in mind that even if your occupation might be on the list it could be eliminated by the time you are eligible for a PR visa or another temporary visa which gets you a step quicker to getting a PR.

There are many other factors Involved to Apply for PR:

  • Age
  • English language ability
  • Qualifications
  • Employment experience
  • Partner’s skills.

What is a Permanent Resident? 

A permanent resident of Australia has many rights of a citizen, but there are a few differences – A citizen can in and Out Australia anytime, however, if a PR chooses to travel abroad, he/she must need to make sure that they have a permanent visa with a lawful travel authority.

What are the Options to Get Permanent residency after Study in Australia? 

Pathways to Australian Permanent Residence

Every year thousands of students across the globe migrate to Australia as their destination for further study. Though many go back to their home country of origin after completion of their study, and others decide to stay wants to stay in Australia for lifetime. But keep in mind that being a Permanent resident is not easy at all. You must go through the process. 

There are several pathways offered to international students to get PR. Which one is right for you will be determined by a factor such as the qualification, your English ability, age, employment history and many more? The three most common options or pathways to PR as below.

Post Study Work Visa 485

After completion of study many students find the way to stay in Australia and apply for PR. But they are not immediately eligible for permanent residence. This may be because they do not have an enough point for skilled migration, or they do not have a sponsor employer or state government to sponsor. Many candidates in this condition find that the Post Study Work Visa is an appropriate visa following their studies.

The temporary graduate visa (subclass 485) lets you to remain in Australia to study, live or work after you have finished your studies.

The Post Study Work Visa is often used to help meet up the requirements to apply for a PR visa. This could be by achieving Australian work experience for example, or by applying the time to achieve higher English scores for extra points for skilled migration.

General Skilled Migration
Skilled migration is a program based on your skills and work experience which does not require an employer to sponsor you.

There are a variety of skilled migration options:

Skilled Independent Subclass 189
Skilled Nominated Subclass 190
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491
Recognised Graduate Subclass 476
Skilled Regional Subclass 887

Points for skilled migration are based on many factors such as your age, English Eligibility, employment and education history. In some cases you must obtain a  state government nomination to meet the conditions or to add points to your application.

Partner Visa/Married to Australian Citizen or PR

This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible live in Australia permanently. It is normally for people who at present hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820). Currently on student visa and wants to apply for a Partner visa. This is the most easy and better way to get PR after studying in Australia. 
As a registered migration agent, we see many students in Australia who have unfortunately gone through the wrong path due to unprofessional guidance from fake professionals or just friends. Get in touch with your trusted registered Migration Agent in Melbourne and increase your chances to get Australian permanent resident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call now
for free consultation
Mail now
free consultation
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
Translate »