Subclass 173 – Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa


Subclass 870

This visa issued to the parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents, allowing them to live in Australia for a maximum of ten years.

Read More


Subclass 884

The subclass 884 Contributory Aged Parent Temporary visa is granted for two years and, in order to remain in Australia permanently

Read More


Subclass 143

This visa subclass 143 is a pathway for parents who have already held the temporary Subclass 173 visa australia for at least two years.

Read More

Subclass 173

Subclass 173 – Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa:

The Subclass 173 visa is a temporary visa that allows parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to live in Australia for up to two years. This visa is designed to reunite parents with their children in Australia on a temporary basis.

Key features of Subclass 173 visa:


  • Valid for up to two years from the date of grant.
  • Requires sponsorship by the child (Australian citizen, PR, or eligible New Zealand citizen).
  • Requires payment of a higher visa application charge compared to other parent visa options.
Student Visa

Eligibility Criteria For Subclass 173

  • Your child is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Your child has been living in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years
  • You have a sponsor
  • You meet the balance of family test
  • You meet health and character requirements

After holding the Subclass 173 visa for at least two years, the parent can apply for the Subclass 143 visa, which is the permanent version of the Contributory Parent visa.

Processing times

A new Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa application may take at least 12 years to process.

Success Stories of our Satisfied Clients

With our Expertise, we make your Visa process stress-free.

Contact us for Visa Assistance!

Get expert help to Migrate or Study in Melbourne. We help you to Achieve Your Desired Outcome When It Comes to Migration.

Service We Offer

We offer expert support right from providing sincere career counseling
and assistance with your visa application

Visitor & Business Visa

Our migration agent can help you with preparing and lodging a visitor or business visa Application.

Study in Australia

We provide assistance to domestic and international students to enroll and study in Melbourne.

Visa Refusal / AAT Appeal

Is your Australian Visa refused or canceled? Our migration agents can help you lodge an AAT appeal.

Professional Year Program

PYP gives overseas students a pathway from university to professional employment in Melbourne.

Skilled Migration Services

Our expert migration agents can assist with any skilled migration visa application.

Family & Partner Visa

We will carry you through your partner visa or parent visa application.

Call now
for free consultation
Mail now
free consultation
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
Translate »