A 407 visa is a temporary visa issued to individuals who are supposed to attending a work training course.
This visa allows you to take part in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve your skills for your job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A SUBCLASS 407 VISA?
A sponsorship and nomination must be in place with your employer to apply for this visa. A detailed training programm tailored to the stream through which you are applying will be necessary for approval.
Applicants must have 12 months of experience, obtained within the last 2 years. Follow ImmI Home affairs link
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR A SUBCLASS 407 VISA?
There are three streams through which an applicant can obtain a 407 visa.
Workplace Based Occupational Training: Applicants who have recent criteria and/or experience planning to take part in workplace-based training to develop their skills in their current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of skills.
Training that promotes capacity building overseas: Applicants who wish to contribute in a professional development training curriculum in Australia; Students who need to completed an internship as part of their qualification and government sponsored workplace trainees.
Work-based training for registration: Applicants wanting to gain registration/licensing as part of their occupational conditions.
Applicants must meet English language, health, and character requirements.
Processing times For Visa Subclass 407
- 75% of applications: 12 months
- 90% of applications: 16 months
- Must be sponsored
- be nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- Must be invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
Benefits – Training Visa 407
The training visa allows you to:
- Applicants Apply for the visa both onshore and offshore
- Live in Australia for up to 2 years and complete the training in your specified occupation listed in application
- Leave and re-enter Australia frequently till the visa is valid
- Bring eligible family members to go along with you in Australia
Eligibility Criteria for 407 Visa Applicants, Sponsors & Nominators
- You Must 18 years of age (unless you are exempt)
- Sponsored by an approved sponsor whether to contribute to professional development program or occupational training
- Must be nominated for an approved occupation by the Australian organization if it is not a Commonwealth agency.
- Get occupational training directly by the sponsor unless any exception applies
- only participate in the occupational training that meets the criteria for one of the nominations eligibility types
- Must be proficient in functional English Language
- Must have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
- Meet health and character requirements
- You have sufficient financial backup and arrangements for health insurance for yourself and accompanying family members for the duration of stay in Australia
- meet all other requirements specified for your training program
Those sponsoring someone on 407 visa must:
- a valid sponsor approval letter or receipt for submission of the sponsorship application.
- your sponsor’s nomination approval letter or receipt for submission of the nomination application – ( if your sponsor is not an Australian Commonwealth Government agency )
- a written statement from the sponsor that they will meet the sponsorship obligations for you and all dependent family members included in your application
The nomination will not be considered unless the sponsorship is approved.
You will need to showing evidence of your financial ability to support yourself and your family member while you are in Australia, such as:
- Valid bank statements
- a letter from your financial institute stating your financial position
- employment contracts
- documents showing allowances, housing, and allowances from your sponsor while you are in Australia
- if you are presently or were previously an AusAID or Foreign Affairs supported student provide a copy of the letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
English Language Requirement to Apply for 407 Training Visa Australia
You must Provide evidence that you have functional English language skills to carry out the training programm.
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE).
You do not need to provide these results if you hold a valid passport from: US, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Ireland
You can include following family members in your visa application:
- Partner (Married or de facto)
- Your or your partner’s dependent child (up to 23 years of age)
To get more detail information on training 407 visa subclass or determine whether you meet the requirements for 407 visa approval, feel free to contact us for a thorough assessment by our registered migration consultants.