How do I Transfer From Australia Visitor Visa to a Student Visa?

Transfer visitor to student visa

Are you in Australia on a tourist visa? Are you trying to convert in student visa? Keep in mind that it’s a very complicated pathway to pursue. If you’re chosen a course with less than three months in duration, you can complete it on a Visitor visa. Similarly, if you have a Working Holiday visa, you are officially able to complete a course of study that is less than 4 months long. All other international students will need to apply for the application of Student visa (subclass 500).

Applying for a Study visa in Australia can be the most complicated procedure, but it doesn’t have to be. If you’re before now in Australia on a Working Holiday or tourist visa, you can apply online without departure the country.

There is some other severe rules principal who can apply for a visa in Australia and the limits of each visa type, so you need to carefully follow every step to avoid any issues while applying for a student visa.

Why can it be risky to apply for a student visa if you hold a tourist visa in Australia?

One key measure for an award of a student visa is the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) prerequisite. To assure this, you must show to Immigration that you intend to truly remain in Australia temporarily and conform to the circumstances imposed on your student visa, should it be conceded.

Which Tourist Visa Can be Converted to Student Visa?

Know your visas subclass, before you jump in to travel for that student visa conversion. Depending on the type of visitor visas subclass, there are three types of subclass visitor visas.

  1. 651 Subclass – eVisitor
  2. Subclass 601 – Electronic Travel Authority Visa
  3. Subclass 600 – Visitor Visa

Who Can Apply to Convert Visitor Visa Student Visa?

Depending on your case, let’s assume you don’t any immoral track records. A bad record can be whatsoever. If you have any of these bad records, you will not be able to apply for the visa change.

  1. Low financial constancy
  2. Legal Case filed against you
  3. Previously rejected Australia student visa
  4. Poorly written SOP
  5. No IELTS Score
  6. Study gap
  7. Working during visitation.
  8. Have 8503 conditions applied on your Visa

Feel Free to connect with Education visa Agent if you have any of these issues. A Student visa consultant can smooth things over for you to an excessive extent.

Suppose you meet these vital criteria. You’ll be upright to go.

  1. Minimum 5.5 IELTS score
  2. Well written SOP
  3. A good job working experience
  4. No study gaps


Your Student visa must be conceded after you have received a Confirmation of Enrolment letter (CoE) from your selected institution. This implies you have to apply legitimately to an accredited university or college and be acknowledged into a course before applying for your visa.

At first, if you are acknowledged to study at an institute, you will get a Letter of Offer as well as an acknowledgment structure. When you acknowledge the offer and give every required report and charges, the institution will then mail you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).

To be qualified for a student visa, you should be taken a crack at a full-time CRICOS enlisted course of study, satisfy the Genuine Temporary Entrant prerequisites, give proof of your English ability level, hold satisfactory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) protection, and satisfy wellbeing and character guidelines. 


If you have any questions or concerns about the Student visa, local consultant like Rapid Migration can help with everything from choosing a course to finding suitable student accommodation. Also, Migration Agent can help you to find out the best university for study in Australia.

You must also keep enrolment in a registered full-time course and continue your Overseas Student Health Cover to keep on being eligible for a Student visa.

How to Apply Online

The Australian Government’s Document Checklist Tool is a great resource to check out everything you need to apply for a Student visa for Australia. Once you’ve collected all the required documents, you can feel free to submit your application online or contact with a registered migration agent.

Call now
for free consultation
Mail now
free consultation
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
Translate »