If you are looking for a country which gives the permanent resident name to non-citizen, then Australia is the best choice. Australia is the country from where you can obtain permanent Visa to-live-and-work there for an indefinite time. Before applying a permanent residency for Melbourne, you should know some statics about PR visa. If you are a newcomer, you should be guided by the best immigration consultants Australia.
What is a Permanent Resident (PR)?
A permanent resident of Australia has many entitlements and rights of a citizen, but there are a few differences – A citizen can enter and leave Australia anytime, however, if a PR citizen chooses to travel overseas, he/she needs to make sure that they have a permanent visa with a valid travel authority.
Citizens can also vote in Australian Government elections, but PR visa holders cannot. For both citizens and non-citizens, the eligibility for Australian services and benefits are given by the government agency.
The Australia permanent residency process is highly systematic and organized in reference to humane core factors along with educational factors. If you are a permanent visa holder in Australia, you will be considered as a permanent resident. You can live, work or study without any restriction.
Australian Permanent Residency Visa offers several benefits to its permanent visa holders some of which are mentioned below:
- Legal entitlement to work/live in any part of Australia for indefinite time. 2. Can take the advantage of few social security benefits.
- Can sponsor other family members for temporary or permanent visa 4. If they want to get the citizenship of Australia, they can apply for it after fulfilling the required criteria
- Working in Australia ends up simpler with a Permanent Resident Visa 6. With a permanent visa in Australia, you also, enjoy unlimited freedom to pursue the course of study that you prefer
- Permanent residents in Australia can enjoy is the health care entitlement 8. Eligibility to sponsor your relatives for the acquisition of permanent residence 9. A permanent resident of Australia has the right to travel to New Zealand and apply for a New Zealand Visa.
Australia Permanent Resident Visa is the proof that you are living in Australia legally as the permanent residence by the government permission. It helps you to stay in Australia
for an indefinite period of time. It gives you the eligibility to work and live there like other citizens. With the help of PR, you can sponsor your family members for a temporary or permanent visa in Australia.
Although a permanent resident has most of the rights and benefits like a citizen there are some benefits which vary from city to a permanent resident. Some benefits may differ according to the visa type you applied.
International students and Permanent residence options
There are many international students who want to apply for permanent residency in Australia after they have completed their studies. These students choose to migrate to Australia through the Skill Select migration program. With the help of Skill Select, you can either be invited by the Australian government to submit a visa application or you can be nominated for a skilled visa by various Australian employers or state governments. In simple words, Skill Select simplifies the visa application process and improves skilled migrants’ employment prospects.
To obtain the Australia Permanent Visa through skilled migration, you should score enough points in the evaluation grid. Minimally, a candidate has to score 60 points comprising age, work, qualification, experience etc.
This visa category is for people who have the skills that Australia requires or the ones who are seeking sponsorship by an Australian employer to work in Australia. International students can apply for any one of the following permanent visa options under this workstream:
- Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Visa: This visa is a point tested visa that does not require any territory or State nomination. If you are an international student who has graduated in Australia and you are not sponsored by any employer or relative, then you can apply for the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189).
- Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa: This visa is suitable for skilled workers who have been nominated by a territory or state government agency. To be eligible for this visa, you will need to prove that you have an appropriate skills assessment for the occupation listed in the Skilled Occupation List.
- Subclass 491 Skilled Regional Visa: To be eligible for this visa, you must get a sponsorship, fulfil skill requirements, or receive a nomination from either an Australian region, state, or territory.
The minimum points to receive an invitation depends also on the occupation that you choose. Some professions on the skilled occupation list are more competitive than others. Usually, it is easier to receive an invitation for PR with an occupation that is in very high demand, and not many people have the qualifications and skills needed.
Australia PR processing time is solely based on application to application and other related factors like:
- Number of applications received by the immigration department • Complexity and simplicity of your application profile
- Number of places in your skilled migration visa category
- Complete and accurate application form
- Delay due to the incomplete submission of document kit
- Other inquiries as and when asked by the immigration department
As per the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, the general waiting time for Australia PR is around 8 months-12 months. Though it is slightly more difficult to get PR in Australia now, it is suggested to individuals to shape an academic and professional career in a way that is in sync with the requirements of the country/region. If you can provide value to the country/region as a citizen from your skill-sets and experience, PR pathway is surely easy. Another point to consider is to take advice from registered migration agent Melbourne , as they are aware about the latest updates in the policies and will provide you the best possible guidance.
For more detail contact Rapid Education & Visa consultants for Study visa & PR Assessment of your profile:
Drop us an email at: email@example.com
Give us a call at: +61 03 96630944, 0120-6618011, 61 405-903-744.