Australian Student Visa Extension – FAQs

student visa extension FAQS

The student visa extension means can feel like a battle with constantly changing rules. International Students in Australia have invested a lot of time in knowing the study visa extension criteria process, but due to its difficulty, several questions come into mind. Here, Rapid Migration revealed some questions based on their research and queries received from international students. All the questions are answered by Student Visa Experts which have covered up all the range of aspects regarding the Australian student visa extension process.

Frequently Asked Questions for Student visa extension Australia: –

Can I extend my student visa if I haven’t completed my study course?

There is no chance of a visa extension ahead of its expiry date. But if you have to stay in Australia after your course completion, you need to apply for a new student visa or Student visa 500 before it expired. It takes around 12-14 weeks for the home department to process an application.

How do I extend my student visa and apply for a new CoE to continue studying?

If you need to extend your student visa you will need to complete a new Application for Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).

Once you have your new CoE, you can apply for your visa extension via the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) website.

Which documents required for a student visa extension?

Confirmation of Enrolment – Students need to come up with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from their Educational Institute. This letter is issued when you have joined your educational institute.

International Student Health Cover – As per Australian Government Rules, having health insurance is compulsory for all students.
It is better to arrange the necessary documentation that falls under the Student Visa extension list. We have prepared the list of documents that are necessary for extending the visa application:

  • Certified copy of Birth Certificate
  • Curriculum Vitae
  • Passport identity page having every page with visa sample & immigration stamp.
  • National Identity Card
  • Marriage certificate
  • Migration agent form 956 (if required)
  • All pages of the household registration book
  • OSHC Policy Number
  • HAP ID Number
  • Evidence supporting financial position.
  • Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) codes

Personal Statement from Student – Students need to write down a personal statement which should include the following points:

  • Reason for study visa Extension
  • The current situation in the home country
  • Why Importance of Course

How Long can you stay after applying for a study visa extension?

After you apply for a study visa extension, you can stay in Australia with Bridging Visa A or BVA, which is allotted while your new visa is under the procedure.

How long does it take for a new visa extension?

As per study Visa experts, Student Visa extension processing time should be initiated 3 to 4 Months before visa extension.

What happens if my visa extension request gets denied?

There is no need to curse your chance if your visa extension application gets denied as it occurs due to submitting fewer documents to the department. However, in such cases, you will be getting an IMMI S56 application that requests other details.

What is the financial proof I require during my Australia student visa extension?

As per the student visa class, students need to showcase genuine evidence of funds if they want to stay in Australia through a student visa extension.
Proof of Annual Income: Students need to show valuable evidence that can favor that they have an income of at least $60,000 yearly.

Proof of yearly months funds: Presenting valid evidence that students have a sufficient sum of money to cover course costs, living, and any other type of expenditures.

Contact Registered Migration Agent in Melbourne

Your registered migration agent will help you with your student visa extension and work with you. They will give you documents from the Department and update you on the progress of your visa application.​


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call now
for free consultation
Mail now
free consultation
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
Translate »