A visa for skilled people nominated by a state or territory government to live and work in regional Australia.
The Skilled Work Regional Provisional visa (subclass 491) allows skilled migrants to study, Live and work in selected regional areas external link for a period of 5 years. You must obtain nomination from Victoria before you can apply for the visa. When applying for a subclass 491 visa under the Department of Home Affairs points system, your state nomination from South Australia gives you an extra 15 points.
Who can apply?
To qualify for the South Australian state nomination for this visa, you must:
- Satisfy the visa requirements set forth by the Department of Home Affairs.
- Fulfil the requirements for a state-specific occupation and possess the necessary abilities in one of the State Skilled Occupations List to qualify for state nomination under one of South Australia’s nomination streams.
To be eligible to apply for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) visa nomination, you must:
- Have had your Registration of Interest (ROI) selected
- live and work in regional Victoria external link
- work in a Victorian target sector using your STEMM skills
- be under 45years of age
- have Competent English external link
- have a valid Skills Assessment external link
- have achieved the minimum points score
How to apply?
To apply for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) visa nomination, you must:
- Make an Expression of Interest (EOI) with SkillSelect.
- Submit a Registration of Interest(ROI).
- Have your ROI selected and receive an invitation to apply?
- Prepare your evidence to support your application.
- Submit a nomination application via the Live in Melbourne portal.
Once you are nominated:
- We will notify you of our decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days. We cannot nominate you again if your visa application is not submitted in this time.
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can provide you information on important services.
- Complete regular surveys we will send you about your experience with us and your settlement in regional Victoria.
- Commit to living and working in regional Victoria for the duration of your visa.
- be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency, or an eligible relative must sponsor you
- have an occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- be invited to apply
- satisfy the points test
What documents do I need to Apply for Skilled nomination visa 491 Subclass?
In your application, you will need to provide the following documents to show you meet the requirements:
- English language test
- Skills assessment
- Detailed resume or CV
- Employment contract
- Pay slips
- Position description
- Registration (if required, e.g. AHPRA)
- Victorian declaration form
- Appointment of agent form (if required)
- 25% of applications: 79 days
- 50% of applications: 7 months
- 75% of applications: 9 months
- 90% of applications: 18 months
Applicants should be aware that points tested skilled migration visa applications that are not an occupation within a Critical Sector may exceed the average processing time. This is because each visa subclass contains applications that have a different priority. Occupations within a critical sector are given highest processing priority.