The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) recognizes 18 professions which fill crucial skills needs to support Australia’s financial recovery from COVID-19. The list is created on professional advice from the National Skills Commission and discussion with Commonwealth departments. Now, the occupation of Social Worker has been added up to the present Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List
The 18 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Social Worker (272511) – New Added
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
Employer sponsored candidate and visa submissions with an occupation on the PMSOL will be given importance processing. All other skilled occupation lists will stay on active, but the PMSOL professions will take priority.
The list is short-term and priority occupations may change over as Australia improves from the pandemic. The Government will continue to examine the impact of COVID-19 on the Australian labor market and evaluate Australia’s skills needs as they develop, and new sources of data arise.
Book a FREE Consultation with our registered Migration agent to know about the Application process, Study Intake, University options and more https://www.rapidmigration.com.au/contact-us/