What Are My Options After Finishing Study in Australia?

Career Option in Australia

Congratulations! You have succeeded! You have received your degree from an amazing Australian institution. However, the first question that comes to our minds is now what? What steps should you take next? What could be my options after finishing my studies in Australia? After the ecstatic high of graduation, you will start to wonder about some important things related to your career or stay in Australia. But don’t worry; we are here to assist you in evaluating your alternatives in Australia following graduation.

Determining whether or not you wish to reside in Australia after finishing your education is the first stage in this process. If overseas students want to live in Australia, they have two options: they may either keep studying to get a higher level of degree or they can engage in post-study employment to obtain work experience there and put their newly acquired skills to use. International students also can return home, continue their education, or find employment there.

It’s essential to keep in mind that if you choose to work or continue your education in Australia, you will need to make sure your visa permits it. If not, you will have to submit a fresh visa application. For further information on your choices and to verify the terms of your visa, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

Option 1: Finish Your Further Education in Australia

Many overseas students choose to remain in Australia after graduating in order to pursue additional education and get a higher degree. Studying in Australia will not just assist you in making the most of your time there but will also provide you with the advanced abilities and knowledge you need to get employment in the sector of your choosing.

Take into account the following when you want to continue your education in Australia:

  • Before the existing student visa expires, request a new one.
  • Make an application for the course or program you wish to take.
  • Make sure you have sufficient funds to cover your academics and living expenses.
  • Increase your OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover).

Option 2: Stay in Australia for an Extended Period of Time

International graduates may prolong their residence in Australia to work or travel when they do not intend to pursue further education. Although you might not be qualified for a student visa, you can still file for other types of temporary visas.

In Australia, you might want to remain longer for the aforementioned purposes:

  • To Develop your Skills in Australia: If you want to stay in Australia to advance your English language abilities, travel, or get job experience, you can seek the Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485). You are allowed to reside in Australia for 18 months under Subclass 485. For foreign students who wish to remain in Australia for a while, it is a great alternative.
  • Continue Working for Your Existing Employer in Australia: If you choose to keep on working for your present workplace in Australia which is willing to sponsor you on a long-term basis or temporarily via Employer Nomination Scheme Visa, you may do so for as long as you wish.
  • Get a Professional Job Experience in Australia: PYP applications are accepted from overseas students who have finished their degrees in the fields of accounting, computer science, or engineering in Australia (Professional Year Program). With work and study experience, this 12-month programme seeks to improve the employability of recent graduates from abroad. For students who want to get permanent residency in Australia, the PYP is ideal. Apply PYP in Australia.
  • Travel in Australia: Overseas students typically wish to take a vacation after finishing their education before looking for a job or leaving for their country of residence. Australia has several stunning locations that you may visit once you’ve finished your education. You can apply for a tourist visa. To raise money for your trip, you can also find employment in Australia. You may achieve this by requesting a Work and Holiday Visa.
  • Get a Working Holiday: Those between the ages of 18 and 30 can qualify for a Work and Holiday Visa, which enables you to travel while you work. across Australia for a duration of 12 months. This visa allows you to be employed while on vacation in Australia. Recall that in order to qualify for this visa, you must possess a passport from one of the qualifying nations. Visit the Australian Department of Home Affairs for further details.

Option 3: Obtain Australian Permanent Residency

International students who have finished their studies in Australia aspire to seek a Permanent Residency so they can take advantage of employment possibilities and stay in Australia permanently.

Through the methods listed below, you can register for an Australian PR Pathways for overseas students:

  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
  • SkillSelect Migration Program
  • Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186, Subclass 187, and Subclass 482)
  • Skilled Independent Visa

There are a number of stages that might be complicated when seeking PR. It’s essential that you completely investigate your alternatives in order to gain all the information and the most recent updates. Visit the Australian Department of Home Affairs for additional information.

Option 4: Apply for PR Trade Courses 

Australia is widely regarded for offering high-quality education. Every year, Australia is the destination of choice for thousands of overseas students seeking higher education. 

If you are an overseas student hoping to obtain PR in Australia, you must select the appropriate PR Pathway course 2023

Option 5: Apply for a Working Australian Visa

As long as you continue to work for your existing employer and they are prepared to sponsor you under the Employer Nomination Scheme, which includes Subclass 186, Subclass 187, and Subclass 482, you are permitted to live and work in Australia.
If you are thinking about what option to choose from the listed above, please feel free to get in touch with us at Rapid Education & Visa Consultants for further details. To facilitate easy immigration to Australia, we help in providing education and migration services to all international students who wish to study and work in Australia.

Frequently Asked Questions

The short courses which make you eligible for PR in Australia are trade qualification, engineering, computer networking, cookery, and medical studies. Other trade courses in Australia include carpentry, automotive, painting, tourism, hospitality, social work. building and construction, etc.
The easiest way is to get admission into any trade course which qualifies you for the PR. Australia entails skilled migrants for contributing to its nationwide economy who have good educational credentials and latent for employment. The Skilled Migration program has the maximum number of positions, which can be an option when you apply for a PR in Australia.
1) You can obtain 5 points to Skilled State Nomination (Subclass 190) applicant with a nomination from a State or Territory government. 2) 15 points are given for Skilled Work Regional (Subclass 491) applicants nominated by any State or Territory government or those sponsored by any family member. You will get an extra 5 points by completing a Diploma, Degree or any above Trade Qualification.
A skilled occupation is appropriate for getting PR in Australia. This includes specific jobs, including like a doctor, an engineer, a social worker, a mechanical engineer, a chef, etc. These are suitable for getting PR in Australia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call now
for free consultation
Mail now
free consultation
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
Translate »